One of the services I offer businesses is document editing for LGBTQIA+ inclusivity.
I have to decided to share my skills and am in the process of writing a course on LGBTQIA+ inclusivity for businesses.
I was sharing some of my tips with my writing group who suggested these are great questions for not only businesses, but for students, bloggers, and anyone who writes.
- Have I used “man/woman” or “men/women” to refer to people who may not be men or women?
- Have I used he/him/his or she/her/hers to refer to people who may not be men or women?
- Have I mentioned someone’s sex or gender when it wasn’t necessary to do so?
- Did I use any gender or sexuality stereotypes?
- Did I provide the same kinds of descriptions or information when writing about people of different genders?
If I can help with your editing, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org